I've been meaning to do this for a while and now that my son doesn't have mini rugby on a sunday morning for a while and there is some time I thought I would put it together. It is not at all comprehensive but I will try to add to it over time. Any suggestions (non-commercial please) I can add please send them through...most of these ae just things I have found from my own research.
- Really worth exploring and with a great index to producers sites. One word of warning this is dedicated to "old skool" Barolo and so is not a good place for the modern producers. I am a believer that the old skool (although the notion of new vs old is outdated now) is the way forward but this is a matter of opinion: www.barol.org.uk - some great photos too!
- For ubergeekdom and labels from G.Conterno, B.Macarello and Giacosa http://www.finewinegeek.com/
- For general chat with some very knowledgeable people who will help answer questions: http://dat.erobertparker.com/bboard/forumdisplay.php?f=40
- General Italian but definitely featuring Piedmont http://www.vinissima.net/
- General Barbaresco information http://www.enotecadelbarbaresco.it/
- General Albeisa info www.albeisa.org/welcome_eng.lasso
- For some great dinner tasting write-ups - http://theviptable.blogspot.com/2011/04/1995-barolo-retrospective.html
- For a good general map with general wine characters too:
- For the ultimate geeks maps www.enogea.it/Enogea/Home.html great and very useful too.
- A specific map I was pointed towards
There are a lot on www.JamesSuckling.com it is a subscription site, good for the more modern producers in general.