Sunday 24 April 2011

My top 15 Red Bordeaux 2010's

I am busily working away on the C&B Blog of the bordeaux trip but didn't want to leave off doing my own list of the top 15 Red 2010's as per my scoring during the trip...I must add there are a few notable names I did not taste, Ausone, L'eglise Clinet and Vieux Chateau Certan amongst them, but then you can be there for two weeks and not get everything done let alone one week.

In alphabetical order:

Cos d'Estournel
Conseillante
Ducru Beaucaillou
Haut Brion
La Fleur Petrus
La Mission Haut Brion
Latour
Leoville Poyferre
Leoville Las Cases
Lynch Bages
Margaux
Montrose
Petrus
Tertre Roteboeuf
Trotanoy

Amongst those closed to getting in there were: The two Pichon's with Baron ahead of Lalande, Calon Segur, Cheval Blanc & Latour a Pomerol.

The First growths in my order:
Haut Brion
Margaux
Latour
Lafite
Mouton (definitely disagreed with the team on this one)

The sweet whites seem to be getting acclaim but are very hard to taste at this stage so I have not put many scores against them so any ranking is largely pointless.

The dry whites were exceptional and there was real consistency, the efforts by the first growths; Pavillion Blanc and the whites of La Mission and Haut Brion were particularly good. At the value end there were some cracking whites at affordable prices like Blanc de Lynch Bages and Picque Caillou but to name two.


No comments:

Post a Comment